Sunday, January 31, 2016

Recipe Request: Lobster Bisque and others!


Whenever I dined out, I looked forward to having soup to start, if, any of these three were on the menu that day: French Onion, New England Clam Chowder and Lobster Bisque.

Since I’m hoping to learn how to make such favorites at home, I thought I'd simply start with the Bisque.  However, the first recipe I found requires live lobster prep and I’ve never handled one in my whole entire life.  I’m just not ready to go there so I’d appreciate any recipes that call for lobster meat (assuming it's like working with lumped crab, yes?)  

For anyone who does know their way around a fresh lobster, here's the recipe mentioned above, courtesy of the FINE COOKING website.  It's just a bit too intimidating for me at this stage.  In the meantime, I’d appreciate any recipes you might have handy for the other two!

By the way, are you a seafood lover in general?  Do you enjoy chowder?  Have you ever made  it yourself? 

Please share your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment